Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rubby Ducky, You're the One

Forget blankies or stuffed animals, our girl's comfort item is her mini rubber ducky.  She carries him(her?) everywhere and if her hands are full she's carries it in her mouth.  She does occasionally present it to one of us, but quickly snatches it back.

Ariana is taking up to three wobbly steps on her own.  I think she's capable of more, but she insists on walking with toys in her hands.

It is almost impossible to get a picture of her because she is always in motion. She also gets very excited and charges the camera whenever she sees it (see ducky picture below.)

She continues to eat well and this week started drinking from a sippy cup.  We'll still use a bottle for her twice a day milk to promote attachment.

Sleep is still a struggle but improving a little at a time.  I attended a webinar on sleep issues in adopted children Thursday night. I can't say I learned a whole lot, but it feels good to know we're not alone.  We'll keep working on it.  The good news is she takes about an hour nap each day on the couch so Mama can get some computer time and recharge (me, not the computer.)

The highlight of each day is when she wakes me up each morning with some baby talk version of "Hey!"  I look over and she her standing in her crib and she flashes me a huge smile that melts my heart. Life is good.



The Baby Grand is holding up in spite of a week of mistreatment.
 She loves her music but gets a little rough on the equipment!

2 comments:

  1. So cute I am suprised that she is drinking out of an bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that she has something that makes her feel secure, and at least it's washable! Good luck with the sleep issues.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete